About Jak Speedruns
About the Site
The goal of the site is to provide accessibility to content that cannot be found on the Jak and Daxter speedrun.com pages, such as a point system, tools and resources, featured streams of Jak speedrunners, and a community wiki. The site and its team also sponsor many events by providing custom artwork, website promotions, and online branding.
Points are distributed to runners per category based on a series of variables:
- Number of runners in the category
- How good their time is compared to other runners in the category
- Difficulty of the category (category ratings listed below)
- Other miniscule factors
Runners will receive 0 points if their run is too far under the category’s average. Runners will also receive an extra 50 points for completing a difficulty 3 category and 100 points for a difficulty 4 category (25 and 50 respectively if it is an extension category). Points from all categories will then be added up to determine the total number of jakspeedruns points shown on the home screen.
Extension Categories must have at least 5 runs in order to be eligible to gain points. Once an extension category reaches 5 runners, there will be a community discussion as to which difficulty rating the category should receive.
Have a question? Check the FAQ page.
What We’ve Done
JakSpeedruns has helped multiple events raise $4,445.57 for charitable organizations by providing them with custom artwork, website promotion, and online branding. Here is a list of the events we have proudly sponsored:
- Wild Animals Marathon (WAM) 2019 - Raised $595.67 for the Extra Life Foundation on January 6, 2019.
- Speedrun Marathon Arizona (SMAZ) 2019 - Raised $778.05 for the American Diabetes Association on May 28, 2019.
- JakRaC Speedrun Marathon 2019 - A speedrun maraton that helped improve cross-community relationships.
- Wild Animals Marathon (WAM) Orlando - Raised $550.00 for the Extra Life Foundation on January 5, 2020.
- BLITZ by CSUDH Esports - Raised $1700.31 for the East Side Riders Bike Club on August 8, 2020.
- BLITZ 2 Electric Boogaloo - Raised $821.54 for Compton YouthBuild on October 25, 2020.